R. Michael Perry
R. Michael Perry has been the Alcor Life Extension Foundation care services manager since 1987. Also a cryonics historian, his "For the Record" column has appeared in the Cryonics magazine since November 1990. He has been a member of Alcor since 1984.
Prior to working at Alcor, Perry worked as a computer programmer from 1968 until 1987. He graduated from the University of Chicago in 1969 with a B.S. in Mathematics. He received an M.S. in Computer Science from Colorado University in 1979 and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the same institution in 1984.
Perry has authored two books: Toward Self-Optimization of Machine Intelligence (Ph.D. Thesis, 1984), and Forever for All (2000). Prior to his Alcor experience Perry authored or coauthored several journal papers and technical reports on computerized tomography, for applications ranging from medicine to solar physics.
He is a signatory of the Scientists' Open Letter on Cryonics, having signed it on September 30, 2009.
- ↑ LinkedIn: R Michael Perry
- ↑ For the Record: John Hunter, Cryonics Forerunner. Mike Perry. Cryonics 1990 #11
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 About. alcor.org
- ↑ SCIENTISTS’ OPEN LETTER ON CRYONICS
- Alcor Member Profile: Michael Perry, PhD
- LinkedIn: R Michael Perry
- Close Up Radio Spotlights Cryonics Expert R. Michael Perry PhD. Close Up Radio interview (2021)